Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day of LOVE

What a day already! The day of love. Honestly I usually discredit Valentine's Day as a holiday because I am not a big fan of personal displays of affection. But this morning I was making my coffee and getting ready for class when I read this -

"Time goes by way too fast. People will go in and out of your life. 
You must never miss the opportunity to tell them how much they mean to you."
What a great reminder! It doesn't matter if you are single, in a new or old relationship, married for twenty years, or divorced. For me, today is not about showing appreciation for your loved one. It is about showing appreciation to your loved ONES! You are probably thinking about people in your mind right now when I say loved ones - parents, siblings, relatives, children, friends, sorority sisters, team mates - but I challenge you today to love outside the box and show your love to those in your life who don't normally get appreciated. If today is the day of love, don't you think every single person in this country should feel loved? I most definitely do. I truly believe that if people went out of their way to show their love to everyone in their life, there would be less hurt, anger, depression, hatred, suicide, and ultimately less negativity in the world. All of that to say that I am feeling so incredibly blessed today. For all of you out there feeling lonely - please don't. There are people out there in the world that care so much about you and would do anything for you.

Take some time out of your day today to think about people. Every single person you encounter today - the girl walking to class, the guy sitting across from you in your cubicle at work, the lady working the register at the grocery store, or the guy running on a treadmill beside you at the gym - needs to be loved and the only way you can be loved is by SHOWING it! Get out there today and really love on people! Not only will it make their day so much better, but I know for a fact that it will make your day so much more fulfilling!

Have such a great day!
Kitty

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments:

Post a Comment